NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/4 Lens for Nikon Z Mirrorless Cameras
The NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/4 is the world’s first full-frame ultra-wide-angle lens to boast a flat front element. This unique design feature allows use of 82 mm filters without the need for bulky filter holders.
The new Nikon Z 14-30mm f/4 lens will be available in April for £1349 / €1499 / $1299.
Nikon UK Press Release
GO WIDE WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z FULL-FRAME ULTRA-WIDE-ANGLE ZOOM
- £1349 (UK)
- €1499 (Ireland)
Sales Start Date: April 2019
London, United Kingdom, 8th January 2019: Nikon today adds the NIKKOR Z 14–30mm f/4 to the new range of full-frame S-Line lenses designed for Nikon Z mirrorless cameras. Boasting a compact build and a flat front element, this retractable ultra-wide-angle zoom widens the creative opportunities for Nikon Z photographers. It’s great for stills, and even better for video.
The NIKKOR Z 14–30mm f/4 is the world’s first full-frame ultra-wide-angle lens to boast a flat front element.1 This unique design feature allows use of 82 mm filters without the need for bulky filter holders. Photographers get more control and more freedom whether shooting landscapes, cityscapes, architecture, interiors, or movies.
A compact build, retractable lens mechanism, and extensive weather sealing, ready this lens for travel. New NIKKOR Z optical formulas, and fast communication between lens and camera, ensure the distortion common to wide-angle photography is minimised. Sharpness is exceptional. A constant f/4 aperture lets movie shooters track from bright daylight to shadowy interiors with ease.
Tim Carter, Senior Product Manager, Nikon UK, says: “This ultra-wide NIKKOR Z zoom will let Nikon Z owners capture creative stills and movies anywhere. The compact, retractable and lightweight build means you can slip this lens into smaller bags – perfect for travel. The chance to use filters so easily is a great opportunity to gain more creative control.”
Summary of key features
- Filter-ready: the world’s first full-frame ultra-wide-angle lens to accept 82 mm filters1 without the need for bulky filter holders.
- NIKKOR Z: designed around the wide Nikon Z mount, this lens can capture more light across the entire frame.
- S-Line: next-dimension optical design. Anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat. Smooth, silent multi-focusing system.
- Customisable control ring: can be used for manual focusing (default), aperture control (great for iris transitions during video recording), or exposure compensation.
- Great for movies: silent aperture adjustment. Focus breathing is reduced, as is focus-shift while zooming.
- Compact and protected: a retractable lens mechanism ensures this lens takes up minimal space when not in use. Extensive sealing protects from dust and moisture.
1 Among interchangeable lenses for digital cameras, as of 8th January, 2018
Click on a thumbnail to see the full version.