Nikon Coolpix L840
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70
Nikon Coolpix P610
Canon EOS 1200D
Nikon Coolpix S7000
Sony Xperia Z5 Review
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ80 Review
Leica SL (Typ 601) Review
Lomo Instant Wide Review
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Review
I like to know more and more about camera because I like to do wildlife photography. I always think to increase my ability and also like to increase my photography. I have heard the name of Ricoh CX4 and also searched about all the details of it and really liked this camera.
12:16 pm - Monday, September 6, 2010
CX4 strait 4’s but an overall of 5 stars ratings?
S95 strait 4.5’s but an overall of 4.5 stars ratings.
11:50 pm - Thursday, September 9, 2010
Umm.Loox.Look again mate.I see only 4 stars.
12:38 am - Monday, October 11, 2010
i have the cx3 and its amazing. i dont know about this one
5:31 pm - Friday, November 5, 2010
This is an excellent camera for creative photographers. Here are the things I like.
1) The art filters are more imaginative and generally better executed on the CX4 than on cameras from other manufacturers. The “toy camera,” “soft focus,” and “cross process” are all very useful. The “high dynamic black and white” and the “sepia” are much better here than on other cameras I have tried. The sepia is really brown, not the strange pink that you get on Panasonics. And the high dynamic black and white is not just blown-out highlights and inky blacks—it has a range of grays as well.
2) The lens zoom range is very useful, as it goes from a decent wide angle to a very useful 300mm telephoto.
3) The camera is small and easily carried in a pants or shirt pocket, so it is available at all times.
4) There is a range of formats—square 1:1, the 3:2 that emulates the traditional 35mm format, 3:4, and a panorama option.
5) The viewing screen is brighter than the ones on other compacts I have used. No screen is perfect in bright sunlight, but this one is certainly very usable under all conditions. It’s one of the better screens I have worked with.
6) Ricoh, along with Olympus, is noted for its rich colors, and this model inherits that tradition. It’s JPEG-only, but they are nice JPEGs!
I don’t use the CX4 for general snapshots, so I can’t comment on how it does at parties or football games. But the quality of the shots I have made in just plain “camera” mode look good to me. I use this camera (and others—Panasonic LX5 and Olympus EPL-1) for my blogs (http://ingallsgrove.wordpress.com and http://everythingwecomeacross.tumblr.com), so issues of print quality, etc. do not apply.
I have used lots of cameras, including several of the Panasonic travel zooms (which I also like), but the CX4 combines many things I am looking for, notably those well-thought-out creative modes, along with high-quality images, a wide zoom range, and pocketability.
The only thing I would mark it down on is that it’s fairly easy to bump the joystick to the left, which puts the camera in macro mode. Sometimes I have a hard time focusing, and it’s usually because I am trying to take a landscape shot in macro.
11:00 pm - Sunday, November 28, 2010
Most of my pressure is that it can snap my golfswing at 120 fps! so I can see how mistake or improved area I should adjust. Furthermore its operation speed is excellence. I love it very much. BTW, it has one small point I think not so convenient, battery charge can only done by dongle, not allowed through USB.
11:49 pm - Wednesday, December 1, 2010
dont take notice about the persons what rate this cameras
i hated a camera and i have seen 4 stars and it was not worth 1 star
5:15 pm - Thursday, February 24, 2011
I bought one of these and it’s BRILLIANT!
Best handling compact ever.
Excellent features too! And BEAUTIFUL screen and design.
Five stars from me!
8:17 pm - Tuesday, June 21, 2011
digital violet office supplies
i bought mine from violet office supplies uk it is very cheap price
10:02 am - Friday, December 4, 2015
Support PhotographyBLOG: Buy the Ricoh CX4 from
one of our affiliate retailers:
3 inch LCD,
Ricoh CX4 Review
Camera Reviews ·
Camera Buying Guide
Camera Buying Guide
Lens Reviews ·
Photography News ·
Best Digital Cameras
Best Digital Cameras
Best Compact Cameras
Photo Gallery ·
© Copyright 2003-2016 Photo 360 Limited