Buy a Canon A460 and Donate £5 to Charity
For every red Canon PowerShot A460 digital camera sold in Tesco stores, Canon is donating £5 to the British Red Cross. The money raised will be spent on essential British Red Cross services in local communities in the UK. The Canon PowerShot A460 is a 5 megapixel entry-level camera with a 2 inch LCD screen and 4x zoom lens.
Canon UK Press Release
Snap up a fantastic Canon Digital Camera in Tesco and help the British Red Cross
For every red Canon PowerShot A460 digital camera sold in Tesco stores, Canon gives £5 to the British Red Cross
From today (18th April 2007) selected Tesco stores will be selling the red Canon PowerShot A460 digital camera. Sales from this stylish, user-friendly 5-megapixel camera will benefit the British Red Cross with £5 helping to fund essential services in the UK.
Now that spring is well and truly here, and colours are so much brighter – it’s a fantastic time to invest in a digital camera. The Canon PowerShot A460 is a great family camera –easy for everyone to use, from toddlers to grandparents!
Canon, leader in digital imaging technology, is lending its support to the British Red Cross Tesco Charity of the Year 2007 partnership to help raise £2million to fund crisis care in your neighbourhood. Money raised by Tesco stores will be locally spent on first aid training, emergency equipment and care in the home services.
The PowerShot A460 has direct print capabilities so can be connected to any PictBridge compatible printer to get lab quality photos in seconds – without the need for a PC.
The money raised will be spent on essential British Red Cross services in local communities in the UK, including –
o ‘Care in the Home’ services – Red Cross volunteers providing short-term care and support in the home for people after an accident or illness, giving them the confidence to continue their daily lives
o Life-changing emergency equipment – ranging from wheelchairs to ambulances, used to help people in crisis situations such as accidents, illness, fire and flood
o Life-saving skills – providing vulnerable people with essential first aid skills so they are better prepared to respond to emergencies in their communities
The British Red Cross has previously benefited from a partnership with Canon and linked up to great effect on three Canon celebrity photography competitions – Other Side of the Lens (2003), Other Side of Football (2005) and Other Side of Fashion (2006).
For more information, please visit http://www.redcross.org.uk/tesco
Tesco/British Red Cross partnership
• The British Red Cross is the Tesco Charity of the Year 2007
• The theme for the Tesco and British Red Cross Charity of the Year partnership is ‘Crisis Care in your Neighbourhood’
• Tesco and the British Red Cross hope to raise £2m to help people in crisis in your neighbourhood
• Your local Tesco store will be fundraising throughout 2007 – get involved and help them meet their targets
The British Red Cross
• The British Red Cross helps people in crisis, whoever and wherever they are. We are part of a global voluntary network, responding to conflicts, natural disasters and individual emergencies. We enable vulnerable people in the UK and abroad to prepare for and withstand emergencies in their own communities. And when the crisis is over, we help them to recover and move on with their lives
• To find out more about the British Red Cross, or how to become a volunteer - go to www.redcross.org.uk
• The British Red Cross is Canon’s humanitarian charity partner and Canon will provide support for thirteen Red Cross societies across Europe, with a particular focus on new and existing Red Cross youth projects that support and educate young people to deal with the issues they face in today’s society. The funds donated by Canon as part of this European partnership will go to a broad range of local youth projects across Europe
• The fundamental principles of the Red Cross movement, which include humanity, unity and impartiality; and Canon’s corporate ethos Kyosei, living and working together for the common good, complement each other perfectly
• For more information on Canon products visit www.canon.co.uk
About Canon (UK) Limited
Canon is a world-leading innovator and provider of imaging and information technology solutions for the home and office environments.
Canon has a global philosophy of Kyosei - living and working together for the common good, which clearly demonstrates commitment to customers, staff and the environment shared by all.
Canon (UK) Ltd is the UK marketing and sales operation for the US$32 billion global company based in Tokyo, Japan. In the UK Canon employs around 2,000 people in various locations including Ireland and has achieved sales of £541m in 2005.
The main business focus for Canon (UK) Ltd is in two clearly defined market segments: Business Solutions covering both the office and professional printing environments (including: multifunctional printers, IT consultation, photocopiers, printers, large format printers, fax machines, document management hardware & software) and Consumer Imaging (input solutions: film and digital cameras, camcorders, binoculars and scanners; and output solutions: Ink Jet printers, fax machines, desktop multifunctionals and multimedia LCD projectors).
Further information about Canon UK Ltd is available at: www.canon.co.uk