Corel today introduced its VideoStudio Pro X8 and VideoStudio Ultimate X8 video editing packages. “VideoStudio is already known for delivering unmatched usability and power. With the new X8, we’re doing even more to help you bring your vision and stories to life. New effects provide opportunities to experiment and explore. Smarter features, a more intuitive UI, and enhanced performance make it easier to build your movies. VideoStudio X8 lets you work faster while focusing on the creative parts of your project,” said Michel Yavercovski, Director of Product Management for Corel video products. VideoStudio Ultimate X8 includes all the power of VideoStudio Pro X8, plus a collection of advanced special effects with plug-ins from proDAD, Boris Graffiti and NewBlue, providing over $500 in additional value. VideoStudio Pro X8 and VideoStudio Ultimate X8 are available now in English, German, French, Dutch, Italian and Traditional Chinese. Suggested retail pricing of VideoStudio Pro X8 is $79.99 / €69.99/ £59.99, VideoStudio Ultimate X8 is $99.99 / €89.99/ £79.99.
Corel Press Release
Corel® VideoStudio® X8: Unleashing Creativity in an Easier-to-Use, High-Performance Video Editing Package
All-New Creative Tools, Intelligent Features and Enhanced Speed Enable Users to Make Exceptional, Professional-looking Movies
Ottawa, ON – February 26, 2015 – Corel today introduces the new VideoStudio® Pro X8 and VideoStudio® Ultimate X8, giving users even more power and options to unleash their creativity and make amazing videos. VideoStudio X8 brings together new tools, intelligent features and enhanced performance including Freeze Frame and Video Masking, Audio Ducking for pro-quality sound, and 4K hardware acceleration that’s more than 4 times faster on 5th gen Intel Core processors. The new Corel VideoStudio X8 is the industry’s most creative and easy-to-use consumer video editing software.
“VideoStudio is already known for delivering unmatched usability and power. With the new X8, we’re doing even more to help you bring your vision and stories to life. New effects provide opportunities to experiment and explore. Smarter features, a more intuitive UI, and enhanced performance make it easier to build your movies. VideoStudio X8 lets you work faster while focusing on the creative parts of your project,” said Michel Yavercovski, Director of Product Management for Corel video products.
Honored in 2014 as Editors’ Choice from PCMag and a Best Product of the Year from Videomaker, Corel VideoStudio enables users to make a wide range of video projects, from action-cam and personal movies, to slideshows, video blogs, screen recordings, stop motion animation and more. With an extensive list of new features and enhancements, VideoStudio X8 once again leads the way for innovation and performance in creative consumer video editing.
Explore creative possibilities
- NEW! Create Dramatic, Custom Looks: With new creative overlay options, it’s possible to achieve cool effects like never before. Easily adjust how overlay objects blend with the background and access new Add, Multiple and Grey Key options to make semi-transparent and color blend results. Video masks make it simple to hide or reveal different parts of your video for interesting special effects.
- New! Convert titles to Alpha channel files: By converting the text and graphics in your titles to Alpha channel images or animations, you can now take advantage of all the new VideoStudio X8 creative overlay options to design stunning titles that add unique flair and a professional look to your productions.
- NEW! Freeze frame: Add extra impact by temporarily stopping the action to focus on a single frame. Select the frame and set the duration to get the effect you want.
- ENHANCED! Motion tracking settings: More mosaic types and better size control let you perfectly blur a face or car plate in your clip. With easy motion tracking, target and track moving objects on screen and connect them to elements such as text and graphics.
- ENHANCED! Screen Capture: Now capture both system audio and microphone sound. Screen Capture also works with Snap View in Windows 8 to record multiple Windows apps in action.
- NEW! Creative Add-ons: Corel VideoStudio X8 now includes: NewBlue Video Essentials II with 10 new plugins to create vignettes, enhance color and more; ScoreFitter® royalty-free sounds and songs for soundtracks that automatically adjust to fit the length of your movie; and 17 royalty-free music tracks from Triple Scoop Music.
Smart features do more for you
- NEW! Audio Ducking: Balance dialog and narration with background sound for pro-quality, clearer sound. Audio Ducking detects audio or narration and automatically lowers the volume of background sound. Adjust the Ducking Level and Sensitivity for even more control.
- NEW! Intelligent features make projects easier: Easily keep track of the clips used in your video. Thumbnails in the Library show a check mark when the clip has been used to help you avoid reusing the same footage. Re-use existing video projects with Multiple Projects Editing. Save and re-use your customized Filters or Transitions in future projects.
- ENHANCED! Media Library management: Easily bring your existing organized media folders into the intuitive Media Library. Plus, the enhanced list view in the library helps you edit faster with easy access to more information, including resolution, frame rate and start/end times.
Faster and more compatible
- ENHANCED! 4K hardware acceleration: 4K hardware acceleration is optimized for 5th generation Intel Core processors, delivering more than 4x faster performance. Overall playback performance in full HD is also enhanced and more tracks can be played in real time.
- NEW! XAVC S: Work with XAVC S and get support for resolutions up to 4K 3840 x 2160.
- ENHANCED! More formats supported: Enjoy more compatibility with import support for MKV files. New support for MOV (H.264 format) has also been added to VideoStudio’s variety of export options, which include AVI, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, QuickTime, WebM, Windows Media Format, HTML5 and more.
For users looking for additional creative video editing possibilities, VideoStudio Ultimate X8 includes all the power of VideoStudio Pro X8, plus a collection of advanced special effects with plug-ins from proDAD, Boris Graffiti and NewBlue, providing over $500 in additional value. New additions to Ultimate include proDAD Adorage Starter Pack and NewBlue FX Essentials IV.
To further enhance users’ video editing skills, Corel VideoStudio Pro X8 and Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X8 also include a free 45-day, all-access pass to training from www.StudioBacklot.tv.
Pricing and Availability
VideoStudio Pro X8 and VideoStudio Ultimate X8 are available now in English, German, French, Dutch, Italian and Traditional Chinese. Suggested retail pricing of VideoStudio Pro X8 is $79.99 (USD/CAN) / EUR69.99/ £59.99, VideoStudio Ultimate X8 is $99.99 (USD/CAN)/ EUR 89.99/ £79.99. Upgrade pricing is available.
For a free trial version of Corel VideoStudio X8, please visit www.videostudiopro.com.
To access volume licensing for commercial and education organizations, please visit www.corel.com/licensing.
Join the Video Editing Conversation
Connect with VideoStudio users on Facebook: www.facebook.com/corelvideostudio
Follow our Twitter updates at @videostudio
Corel is one of the world’s top software companies, boasting some of the industry’s best-known graphics, productivity and digital media products. We've built a reputation for giving customers more choice, and delivering solutions that are easy to learn and use. Our mission is simple: help people achieve new levels of creativity and productivity. Corel’s product lines include CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite, Corel® Painter®, Corel® PaintShop® Pro, Corel® VideoStudio®, Corel® WordPerfect® Office, Pinnacle Studio™, Roxio Creator®, Roxio® Toast® and WinZip®. For more information on Corel, please visit www.corel.com