Corel has launched a new and enhanced version of its consumer video editing software, Corel VideoStudio Pro X3. Priced at £79, Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 combines video editing, media authoring, real-time effects and DVD and Blu-ray burning, enabling video enthusiasts to create professional-looking productions in a simplified and streamlined environment. Optimised for new, high-powered chipsets including the Intel Core i7, the new version performs many common tasks more than twice as fast as its forebear, and also offers multi-core and GPU parallel processing with support for new technology including NVIDIA CUDA. “Today, video is everywhere. The NVIDIA CUDA architecture is a critical technology in helping vendors like Corel unlock video for the masses,” said Michael Steele, General Manager of Visual Consumer Solutions at NVIDIA, “The dramatic speed increases in Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 show how CUDA helps developers give their users record-setting performance, even during the most processor-intensive activities like video editing.” Corel VideoStudio Pro X3, which includes Corel DVD Factory Pro, is now available at a suggested retail price of just £79 for the full version or £59 for the upgrade.
Website: Corel Videostudio Pro X3
Corel Press Release
Corel® VideoStudio® Pro X3 Brings Speed and Creativity to PC Video Production
Enhanced Performance, Streamlined Production Workflow & New Creative Effects Dramatically Accelerate Movie Making on the PC
Maidenhead, UK – 26 January 2009 – Corel Corporation (NASDAQ:CREL) (TSX:CRE) today announced a dramatically enhanced version of its powerful consumer video editing software, Corel® VideoStudio® Pro X3. Offering great value at £79, Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 combines video editing, media authoring, real-time effects and DVD and Blu-ray burning, enabling video enthusiasts to create professional-looking productions in a simplified and streamlined environment that offers maximum performance.
Faster Rendering Speeds The Creative Process
With industry-leading speed and lowest-in-category rendering times, Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 now performs many common tasks more than twice as fast as the previous version with optimization for new, high-powered chipsets including the Intel® Core™ i7. The software also offers multi-core and GPU parallel processing with support for new technology including NVIDIA® CUDA™ to offer impressive performance and an improved end-to-end production workflow.
“Typically, speed and workflow performance are big challenges for today’s consumer video editors, so that’s where Corel focussed our efforts for X3. Anyone who edits video knows what it feels like when the creative process stalls because you’re faced with complicated tools, slow response times or stuttering playback. We thought it was time to deliver a new experience for video editing, so we’ve built Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 with a streamlined user interface, enhanced creative tools that deliver real-time effects, and a simplified workflow,” said Petter Nordwall, director of product management for Corel.
“Today, video is everywhere. The NVIDIA CUDA architecture is a critical technology in helping vendors like Corel unlock video for the masses,” said Michael Steele, General Manager of Visual Consumer Solutions at NVIDIA, “The dramatic speed increases in Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 show how CUDA helps developers give their users record-setting performance, even during the most processor-intensive activities like video editing.”
Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 Highlights
· Enhanced Support for Multi-core processors: Users can now experience a significant suite-wide performance boost as Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 takes advantage of new multi-core processors including the Intel® Core i7.
· General Purpose GPU Acceleration: New GPU acceleration adds speed improvements across the application, delivering new Corel FX effects, 3D transitions, Trim and Multi-trim in real time. Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 dramatically accelerates render times for video editing, transcoding and effects.
· Enhanced Smart Proxy editing: Now leveraging both GPU and CPU acceleration, HD content can be edited as easily and smoothly as standard definition — even on midrange PCs.
· Attribute and media copying: Now, modifications made to one video clip, photo, title, transition or effect can be copied to another, reducing the time it takes to create a custom, uniform look and feel in movie project elements. Users can also copy media in the Project Timeline and intuitively paste it to a new spot.
· Online sharing: In a couple of clicks, video productions can be uploaded to Facebook®, Flickr®, Vimeo® and YouTube™.
· Stunning new visual effects: Unique visual effects make it possible to turn a video segment or image into a simulated drawing, giving a realistic animated appearance to photo or videos. Users can also choose new multi-track overlay effects and enhanced title effects using new multi-layered graphics compositing tools.
· Great Audio and Custom Soundtracks: The new Mood Mapping music generator from SmartSound® gives video editors the ability to experiment and control individual instruments in the available music tracks, creating a unique sound for their production. Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 also now includes two additional audio tracks.
· Exceptional Content and Third-party Tools: In addition to the enhancements made throughout the application, Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 offers valuable content and features from third-parties such as NewBlue®FX Filters including Detail Enhancer, Active Camera and Picture-in-Picture Animator, high-quality project templates from RevoStock®, and Quicktracks™ from SmartSound.
Pricing and Availability
Corel VideoStudio Pro X3, which includes Corel DVD Factory™ Pro, is now available at a suggested retail price (SRP) of just £79 for the full version or £59 for the upgrade. The product can be purchased as an electronic software download (ESD) today from www.corel.comand boxed software will be shipping across Europe, Middle East and African retailers in February. Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 will be available globally in English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Chinese Traditional and Japanese. All prices include VAT.
To purchase an ESD or download a free, fully featured 30-day trial, please visit www.corel.com/videostudio.
Corel is one of the world’s top software companies with more than 100 million active users in over 75 countries. We develop software that helps people express their ideas and share their stories in more exciting, creative and persuasive ways. Through the years, we’ve built a reputation for delivering innovative, trusted products that are easy to learn and use, helping people achieve new levels of productivity. The industry has responded with hundreds of awards for software innovation, design and value.
Our award-winning product portfolio includes some of the world’s most widely recognized and popular software brands, including CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite, Corel® Painter™, Corel DESIGNER® Technical Suite, Corel® PaintShop Photo™, Corel® VideoStudio®, Corel® WinDVD®, Corel® WordPerfect® Office, WinZip® and the recently released Corel® Digital Studio™.