Diana Instant Square is World’s First Instax Camera with Interchangeable Lenses
The Diana Instant Square is the world’s first Instax camera with interchangeable lenses and a hot-shoe mount. It's compatible with all of the interchangeable lenses already produced for the Diana F+ — a 110mm telephoto lens, 75 mm glass lens, 20 mm fisheye lens, 38 mm super-wide-angle lens, and a 55 mm wide-angle lens which comes with a close-up attachment.
The Diana Instant Square will launch on Kickstarter on 20th June 2018. For the first 24 hours, you’ll be able to save a huge 35% off the final retail price — that means that you can pick up this brand new camera for just 65 USD!
Available on Kickstarter Now
The Hell With Perfection. Freedom For Photography!
The Lomographic Society Proudly Presents: THE DIANA INSTANT SQUARE
Shake off expectations and let the Diana Instant Square fill your frame with unpredictable beauty. There’s no re-take, no post-production polishing — only the lo-fi magic of the original Diana sprinkled on square format instant film. Lomography’s latest invention electrifies your life with spontaneity, freedom and mesmerizing analogue creativity. It dares you to trust your instincts — to embrace imperfection and lose yourself in the love of film photography. Back us on Kickstarter now to get the world’s first Instax camera with interchangeable lenses and a hot-shoe mount!
• Bringing the lo-fi magic of the legendary 1960s Diana camera’s to square format instant photography.
• Compatible with all of the interchangeable lenses already produced for the Diana F+ — a 110mm telephoto lens, 75 mm glass lens, 20 mm fisheye lens, 38 mm super-wide-angle lens, and a 55 mm wide-angle lens which comes with a close-up attachment. What’s more, you can use all the existing lens attachments created for the Lomo’Instant Square Glass, too.
• Packed with an incredible range of experimental features including unlimited multiple and long exposures, a selfie mirror, and an array of accessories such as a Splitzer, Color and Neutral Density Filters, and much more.
• Featuring fully manual aperture and focus, along with a detachable bright viewfinder and two shutter speeds (N and B Mode) to give you complete artistic freedom.
• Works with the original Diana F+ flash, and has a hot-shoe mount to attach a wide range of other flashes. Throw a dazzling burst of light on your subject, and experiment with color gel flash filters.
''Let yourself fail. Diana works because Diana lets you have happy accidents. Accidents are the key to success. One has to learn to let go and fail. We live too much in a failsafe world.''— Mark Sink, Photographer and Diana Collector
DRENCHING YOUR FRAMES IN THE LEGENDARY DIANA AESTHETIC
The Diana Instant Square is a shout out to the gritty film photography of decades past, a rejection of polished perfection, and a celebration of the little sparks of unique beauty that are often mislabelled as flaws. It produces all the strong, saturated colors; rich, moody vignetting; and beautifully unpredictable effects that rocketed its 1960s predecessor to analogue fame. The original Diana took
the photography world by storm in an iconic blue and black design, and the Diana Instant Square is every bit as stylish. It edges striking square frames in gorgeous effects that make every image captivatingly original. No two shots will ever be the same.
FULLY MANUAL TO GIVE YOU COMPLETE CREATIVE FREEDOM
The Diana Instant Square isn’t about following the rules. It’s about challenging expectation, embracing imperfection and braving your boldest experiments. That’s why the aperture and focus are fully manual. The intuitive zone-focusing system lets you switch focus at a simple twist. The aperture settings correspond to the weather — ‘sunny’, ‘cloudy’ — so that you can get your exposure right even
if you’re new to analogue photography. From Bulb Mode to Multiple Exposure Mode and more; this creative camera is packed with Lomography’s signature features so that you can craft a frame to suit your style. Trust your instincts. Beautiful things will happen.
PUSHING THE BOUNDARIES WITH EVEN MORE EXPERIMENTAL ACCESSORIES
Not only is the Diana Instant Square packed with features to spark your inspiration, but it’s also compatible with heaps of accessories to keep the analogue fire burning. It works with the existing Diana F+ flash, and it’s got a hot-shoe mount so that you can attach a range of other flashes to light up your world. You can use color gel flash filters to tint your shot a whole new hue. It’s compatible with all the interchangeable lenses that Lomography have already produced for the Diana F+ — a 110mm telephoto lens, 75 mm glass lens, 20 mm fisheye lens, 38 mm super-wide-angle lens, and a 55mm wide-angle lens which comes with a close-up attachment. And, because this box of lo-fi magic is equipped with a standard filter thread that matches the one on the Lomo’Instant Square, it also works with the Lomo’Instant Square’s portrait and wide-angle lens attachments, Splitzer, Neutral Density and Color Filters, and so much more! Add to that a built-in mirror for the perfect self portrait, and detachable bright viewfinders optimized for each of the interchangeable lenses, and you’ve got everything you need to create something incredible.
FEATURING THE DEFINITIVE 60s DESIGN
From gogo boots to beehives, the 1960s was a seriously stylish decade. The Diana was no exception. With striking looks and an incredible aesthetic, it captured Lomography’s analogue heart. In 2007, Lomography launched the Diana+ — a reinvention of the original medium format camera packed with tons of extra features. And it didn’t stop there. From the the Diana Mini 35 mm to the Diana Baby 110, Diana Instant Back+ and Diana+ 35 mm Back, Lomography has brought the captivating effects of an analogue icon to a range of different formats and colorful designs. And the Diana Instant Square is no exception. It’s available in two gorgeous designs, and infused with the very DNA that keeps Lomography alive. It dares you to go out on a limb — to take a deep breath and brave your boldest experiments. Let go of expectations and give in to your craziest ideas.
The Diana Instant Square will launch on Kickstarter on 20th June 2018. For the first 24 hours, you’ll be able to save a huge 35% off the
final retail price — that means that you can pick up this brand new camera for just 65 USD! Make sure you don’t miss out.
• Film Format: Fujifilm Instax Square Film
• Film Size: 86 mm x 72 mm
• Dimensions: (WxHxD) 140 mm x 115 mm x 98 mm
• Exposure Area: 62 mm x 62 mm
• Shutter Speed: N (1/60), B (Bulb Mode, Unlimited)
• Aperture: Manual settings, cloudy (f/11), partly sunny (f/19), sunny (f/32)
• Film Ejection Mechanism: Motorized
• Multiple Exposures: Unlimited
• Flash: Diana F+ Flash (with adapter, included in package), hot shoe (with adapter, included in package)
• Interchangeable Lens Mount: Diana F+ bayonet mount
• Focal Length of Kit Lens: 75 mm
• Zone Focusing Setting (kit lens): 1-2 m / 2-4 m / 4 m-infinity
• Tripod Mount: Yes
• Selfie Mirror: Yes
• Viewfinder: Reverse-Galilean, detachable
• Battery Supply: 4x AAA batteries - please note that batteries are not included
• Filter Thread Diameter on 75 mm kit lens: 30.5 x 0.75