Epson Imaging WorkShop is a new workflow application software package for use with pigment ink printers handling A3 and A2 sizes. Imaging WorkShop is a software package designed to greatly enhance the efficiency of the printing workflow of advanced amateur and professional photographers. It supports RAW formats from various DSLR cameras and employs internal 16-bit image processing as well as nondestructive image processing. Imaging WorkShop will be available for purchase as downloadable software at the NewSoft website.
Epson Press Release
Epson Develops Imaging WorkShop Software to Dramatically Enhance Photographers’ Workflow
- TOKYO, Japan, May 21, 2007 - Seiko Epson Corporation (“Epson”) has developed Imaging WorkShop, a workflow application software package for use with high-end printers (pigment ink printers handling A3 and A2), aimed at meeting the demands of advanced amateur and professional photographers. Imaging WorkShop is scheduled to be available for sale through NewSoft Technology Corporation (“NewSoft”) from the end of this month.
Imaging WorkShop is a software package designed to greatly enhance the efficiency of the printing workflow of advanced amateur and professional photographers, who handle a tremendous volume of photographs as a result of the growing use of digital single-lens reflex (DSLR) cameras. This software provides a seamless workflow that enables the user to browse, layout, and print photos, making it possible to easily, reliably, and efficiently process a large volume of images. Moreover, Imaging WorkShop is also capable of editing or making adjustments to images, whenever the necessity arises.
Recently, there has been a particularly noticeable demand for the use of color management in image processing and printing. Because Imaging WorkShop does not require configuration of the software or the printer driver to carry out these tasks, the capabilities of Epson printers can be fully utilized without the need for any special knowledge.
Furthermore, Imaging WorkShop supports the RAW formats from various DSLR cameras and employs state-of-the-art technologies, such as internal 16-bit image processing, as well as nondestructive image processing, which keeps degradation of the image quality during editing to an absolute minimum and does not alter any part of the original image.
The combination of Imaging WorkShop with an Epson printer is certain to provide advanced amateur and professional photographers with the optimal printing workflow environment.
Features of Imaging WorkShop
1. A workflow software for efficiently handling multiple images
2. Simple functions exclusive to Epson printers
3. Color management without needing specialized knowledge
4. Printing with various layouts
5. Supports RAW formats from various digital cameras
6. Internal 16-bit high-quality image processing
7. Non-destructive image processing prevents deterioration of images even after repeated adjustments
8. Powerful photo selection tools
9. Powerful image editing tools
10. Movie guide - a “how to” movie on using Imaging WorkShop
11. Integration with Photoshop(R) and other image editing applications
Sales and support
The sale and support of Imaging WorkShop will be undertaken by NewSoft. Inquiries from customers will also be handled by NewSoft. Please note that Epson and its sales companies will not be involved in the sale or support of Imaging WorkShop.
NewSoft has been selected to undertake the sale and user support of Imaging WorkShop because of its extensive experience in providing and supporting software compatible with many Epson products. Imaging WorkShop will be sold online at the NewSoft website, and NewSoft will also provide user support.
About the Imaging WorkShop website
For detailed information about Imaging WorkShop, please go to the dedicated website for Imaging WorkShop set up by NewSoft.
Sales method and price
Imaging WorkShop will be available for purchase as downloadable software at the NewSoft website. The downloaded product may be used on a trial basis for a specified period of time.
Epson is a global leader in imaging products including printers, 3LCD projectors and small- and medium-sized LCDs. With an innovative and creative culture, Epson is dedicated to exceeding the vision and expectations of customers worldwide with products known for their superior quality, functionality, compactness and energy efficiency.
Epson is a network of 87,626 employees in 117 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and to the communities in which it is located. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corp., the Group had consolidated sales of 1416 billion yen in fiscal 2006.