The Epson Stylus NX400 is the flagship model of a new generation of all-in-one printers. “Whether printing book reports, driving directions, presentations or party invitations, the Epson Stylus NX400 turns ordinary projects into amazing output. Its versatility, high-performance, durability, and affordable price make it the best solution for everyday home printing needs.” said Kristi Lanzit Fox, product manager, Consumer Ink Jet Printers, Epson. The Epson Stylus NX400 is now shipping and will be available for an estimated street price of $99.99.
Epson America Press Release
EPSON’S NEW ALL-IN-ONE DELIVERS VALUE, PRODUCTIVITY AND CREATIVITY TO BUSY HOUSEHOLDS
Epson Stylus® NX400 Provides Complete Printing, Scanning and Copying Solution at an Affordable Price
LONG BEACH, Calif. – June 3, 2008 – Epson America Inc. today launches the flagship model of a new generation of all-in-one printers designed to meet any household’s printing, scanning and copying needs – the Epson Stylus NX400. The full-featured, well-priced all-in-one offers a combination of performance and ease-of-use delivering value, convenience and superior results on plain, photo or specialty papers.
“With intuitive features and outstanding image quality, the Epson Stylus NX400 is ideal for any household juggling day-to-day projects that require one central printer to print, scan or copy just about anything,” said Kristi Lanzit Fox, product manager, Consumer Ink Jet Printers, Epson. “Whether printing book reports, driving directions, presentations or party invitations, the Epson Stylus NX400 turns ordinary projects into amazing output. Its versatility, high-performance, durability, and affordable price make it the best solution for everyday home printing needs.”
Using Epson’s resilient DURABriteâ Ultra ink, important documents like airline boarding passes or treasured family photos can be trusted to resist smearing and smudging. Unlike many competitors’ inks, Epson’s DURABrite Ultra ink won’t even smear or run if exposed to moisture or humidity. Additionally, plain paper prints produced by the Epson Stylus NX400 can last up to six times longer than those from comparable competitive brands.1 Its fast print speeds, image-enhancing tools, such as photo restoration, and Epson’s exclusive DURABrite Ultra pigment ink make it a supreme solution for printing documents, photos and creative projects with prints that are smudge, water, fade, and highlighter resistant on all supported paper types.2
The Epson Stylus NX400 offers impressive print and copy speeds, delivering up to 34 ppm for black and color text documents, 4” x 6” borderless photos in as fast as 26 seconds, and up to 30 cpm for both black and color copies.3 Its excellent copying and scanning capabilities make it easy to archive important documents and photos electronically with one-touch color copying and high-quality scanning. The all-in-one also integrates a one-touch, standalone copying feature for photos and documents, with the option to reduce and enlarge black and white or color copies from 25 to 400 percent and quickly enlarge 4” x 6” and 5” x 7” photos up to letter size.
The Epson Stylus NX400 offers additional technologies that are significant and will add value for customers, including:
· Epson’s exclusive MicroPiezo® print head technology: Epson’s unique print head features DX3™ technology with smart nozzles that can each produce and precisely place three sizes of ink droplets. As a result, fewer nozzles are needed to quickly create exceptional photos and documents, making the nozzles more efficient than those that can only produce one droplet size.
· Individual ink cartridges and one standard set: For added value and convenience, the Epson Stylus NX400 features individual ink cartridges to allow consumers to replace only the color needed. Additionally, having one standard ink set for both documents and photos eliminates the inconvenience of having to switch cartridges based on the print job.
· High-speed, multipurpose card slots and preview monitor: Supporting all popular memory formats, the Epson Stylus NX400 has high-speed card slots and a 2.5-inch tilt LCD to easily and quickly transfer files, as well as select, copy and print brilliant photos without a computer.
· BorderFree® photo printing: White borders can be eliminated from photos with the Epson Stylus NX400. The all-in-one supports BorderFree photo printing in various sizes, including 3.5” x 5”, 4” x 6”, 5” x 7”, 8” x 10”, and letter sizes.
· Auto Photo Correction with advanced face detection: This innovative technology is similar to having a photo lab technician built into the printer. It sharpens and corrects dark or poorly exposed images, while distinguishing people from scenery to enhance skin tones and increase the richness of the scenery in photos.
· Epson Easy Photo Fix®: Consumers can restore the colors in old, faded or discolored photos back to their original brilliance with the Easy Photo Fix scanning technology. This software, combined with the all-in-one’s hardware, makes it easy to scan, restore, print, and share old memories.
· PictBridge® compatibility: Printing superior images directly from a digital camera is straightforward and effortless with the PictBridge interface.
Connectivity and Operating Systems
The Epson Stylus NX400 supports Hi-Speed USB 2.0 and is compatible with Windows Vista™, XP, XP Professional x64, and 2000, as well as Macintosh® OS X 10.3.9, 10.4.x and 10.5.x.
Support and Availability
Enjoy product protection you can count on. The Epson Stylus NX400 includes a one-year limited warranty, lifetime phone and Web-based customer support and technical assistance (telephone toll charges may apply), and convenient and quick service options.
The Epson Stylus NX400 is now shipping and will be available for an estimated street price of $99.99 through major retail stores nationwide, mail order, PC manufacturers, the Internet, and Epson’s own retail site, www.epsonstore.com. More information about Epson and its products is available by calling 1-800-GO-EPSON (1-800-463-7766) or visiting the Epson Web site at www.epson.com.
Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning digital imaging products for the consumer, business, photography, and graphic arts markets. The company is also a leading supplier of value-added point-of-sale (POS) printers and transaction terminals for the retail market. Founded in 1975, Epson America Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, a global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality technology products that meet customer demands for increased functionality, compactness, systems integration and energy efficiency. Epson America Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif.
Note: Specifications subject to change. Epson, Epson Stylus, DURABrite and MicroPiezo are registered trademarks of Seiko Epson Corporation. BorderFree and Easy Photo Fix are registered trademarks and DX3 is a trademark of Epson America Inc. All other products and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks
1Ink fade resistance ratings based on accelerated testing of unframed color prints on plain paper in indoor display conditions; claim that documents resist fading up to six times longer is based on accelerated testing of unframed color prints on plain paper in indoor display conditions. Actual print stability will vary according to light intensity, temperature, humidity, and other factors. Epson does not guarantee the longevity of prints. See www.wilhelm-research.com.
2Water resistance on Epson Glossy Papers, Epson Matte Papers and plain papers, when using genuine Epson inks.
3PPM/CPM speed measured after first page, based on black and color text patterns in Draft Mode on plain paper. Color photo in Draft Mode on Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy measured from start of paper feed. Additional print time will vary based on system configuration, software application and page complexity. See www.epson.com/printspeed for more information about print speeds.