Formatt-Hitech Firecrest 100mm Filter Holder
Formatt-Hitech have announced the Firecrest 100mm filter holder. It features new top and bottom covers to almost completely eliminate light leakage when shooting long exposure, with interchangeable end caps for use with 100x100 filters or 100x125/150mm graduated filters.
Formatt-Hitech Press Release
Introducing the Revolutionary Firecrest 100mm filter holder from Formatt-Hitech
Formatt Hitech already has the most extensive range of rectangular filters and holder systems, which accommodate filter sizes from as small as 67x67mm up to the super wide angle 165x200mm graduated filters.
For some time we have been researching what our customers really want and need in a holder system and have taken soundings form the many professional partners and featured artists whom we work with worldwide. We have been looking to develop a holder system which not only complements our existing modular range, but is also worthy of our prestigious FIRECREST brand.
* Revolutionary new top and bottom covers to almost completely eliminate light leakage when shooting long exposure, with interchangeable end caps for use with 100x100 filters or 100x125/150mm graduated filters.
* Built in low-profile gasket.
* Adaptors / step rings come with the system as standard for all sizes from 67-82mm, and step rings for smaller lenses can be purchased separately (for lens threads 46mm, 52, 58 & 62mm)
* Integrated top of the range Firecrest 82mm multicoated polariser comes as standard within the system. A unique geared mechanism allows for easy rotation whilst installed. The polariser can also be removed within its ring/adaptor for use as a screw in
* 2 fixed filter slots which take 100mm filters
* Extremely high quality lightweight aluminium design with extra oxidisation to reduce likelihood of scratching
CUSTOMER QUOTE: "What can I say, first impressions...Awesome!! Can't wait to try the system out, big kid at Christmas springs to mind. Please thank everyone in, in truly bringing the filter holder system into the 21st century"