Fotospeed Photographer of the Year 2018 Competition
The Fotospeed Photographer of the Year competition will return at this year's The Photography Show in Birmingham, UK. The winner will receive a Canon A2 printer (Pro-1000 or equivalent), £500 worth of high quality Fotospeed inkjet paper and a day of one-to-one bespoke tutoring with award-winning photographer and photography journalist, Doug Chinnery.
Fotospeed Press Release
Fotospeed Photographer of the Year returns to The Photography Show
Fotospeed’s #fsprintmonday winner will be announced and awarded £2,000 worth of prizes at TPS 2018
Corsham, UK, 21st February 2018 – Fotospeed, the UK’s premier photographic paper brand, announces the return of Fotospeed Photographer of the Year after its huge success in 2017 where the competition received hundreds of entries.
Fotospeed’s #fsprintmonday competition gives professional and amateur photographers from all over the country the opportunity to take and share the shots they’re proud of every week and see them printed on high-quality Fotospeed paper. The prizes awarded to Fotospeed Photographer of the Year give photographers the all-round experience, from top of the range printing materials, to bespoke tutoring from an award-winning photographer.
Toby Herlinger, Sales and Marketing Director at Fotospeed, said “We’re delighted to see the return of Fotospeed Photographer of the Year. We were blown away by the hundreds of entries we received last year so knew we had to bring it back. We can’t wait to showcase the winning images at The Photography Show and hopefully inspire photographers to understand the power of print.”
For more details of the competition and how to enter, click here.
The winner will receive:
• A Canon A2 printer (Pro-1000 or equivalent)
• £500 worth of high quality Fotospeed inkjet paper
• A day of one-to-one bespoke tutoring with award-winning photographer and photography journalist, Doug Chinnery, which includes
breakfast, a dawn shoot, and a workshop on colour management, Lightroom, and printing. This session will also be recorded for the winner to keep.
Why enter? Words from last year’s winner
Alan Leightley was chosen as Fotospeed Photographer of the Year 2017 with his winning
image of the Milky Way over the Lake District. Leightley, who is based in Northumberland and is a self-employed Joiner by trade, said, “Entering the competition shows that anyone with a good image has a chance to win, whether you’re a pro or a hobbyist, like myself. As well as the fantastic prizes, seeing your image printed and framed at The Photography Show is a great feeling. I now have several types of great quality Fotospeed paper that I can use for my photography projects and I look forward to spending the day working
alongside Doug Chinnery – he’s such a well respected photographer in the industry.”
How to enter
• Take a photograph over the weekend.
• Tweet it on Monday with the hashtag #fsprintmonday.
• Fotospeed will shortlist four 4 photographs, each of which will be awarded a £10 Fotospeed voucher. Fotospeed will then pick the weekly winner, who will also receive an A3 fine art copy of their print.
• Each winning #fsprintmonday photo will be displayed at the Fotospeed stand at the Photography Show on the 17-20 March 2018, and will be eligible for the title of Fotospeed Photographer of the Year.
• Last entries will be accepted on 26th February.
Fotospeed at The Photography Show
Fotospeed’s Photographer of the Year will be announced at this year’s Photography Show. You can find Fotospeed at stand F31 during the exhibition, where they will be displaying their range of photographic papers and photography accessories, as well as running special offers throughout the show.
For more details on the Fotospeed range, visit: https://www.fotospeed.com