MINOX DC 5011
PMA 2006: The MINOX DC 6011 is announced today. 5 megapixels, 3x optical zoom lens, 2.5 inch LCD.
Minox Press Release
MINOX DC 5011: an ideal all-round camera - This new compact digital camera with its 5-megapixel sensor and 2.5 inch screen is at the sharp end of camera technology
The new Minox DC 5011 digital camera is a first class all-round performer with highly sensible features set in an elegant body and all at an attractive price. These include the superb 2.5 inch TFT colour screen, one of the largest available today, that makes mode selection easy and image viewing very convenient for more than one person at a time. The anti-reflection coating of the screen makes for comfortable viewing even in sunlight. The CCD image sensor built into an attractive but sturdy camera body delivers a resolution of up to 5 million pixels - the accepted average pixel rating for to-days compact digitals - will deliver high resolution images with plenty of ability for detailed enlargements as required.
The quality of the end picture result is ensured by the MINOCTAR lens with its multi-coating and fast, precise autofocus. Featuring a 3x optical zoom that offers the photographer full creative freedom that combines nicely with the MINOCTAR lens. In conjunction with the 5-megapixel sensor the lens will deliver dynamic images with natural color rendition, under most circumstances. A fast image sequence for continuous shooting and minimal shutter release delay allow spontaneous snapshots. The fastest available shutter speed is 1/1000 of a second.
The automatic white balance of the DC 5011 guarantees perfect exposures under variable light conditions. Four different flash functions and the possibility to adjust the ISO sensitivity in three stages also allow perfect adjustment of the shot to the ambient conditions. An added feature is that the new MINOX DC 5011 can record video clips.
Besides the integrated slot for SD memory cards, with a capacity of up to 512 megabyte, the MINOX DC 5011 also offers an additional integral data storage of 16 MB. By using a high usage memory card the user can be assured of being able to capture a very large number of high quality photos, while at the same time the camera remains ready to shoot several spontaneous snapshots, even when the selected SD card is removed or full. Using commercially available AA ‘life time’ rechargeable batteries as a power source ensures the camera is always working to its optimum performance. During the data transfer to the PC the power supply can also be provided through an optional power supply unit. For fast and easy transmission of digital images to the computer the MINOX DC 5011 has a digital USB port and it also features a video interface for viewing the pictures on TV. Using the provided software the pictures can be viewed conveniently on the PC and can also be touched up if required.
Nice, compact dimensions of 91 x 61,9 x 27 mm make the MINOX DC 5011 attractive to all users and easy to carry. This new digital camera from MINOX is a positive alternative for photographers looking for an economical digital camera which with natural color rendition and high resolution will satisfy the most discerning tastes in compact cameras.
Included with the new MINOX DC 5011 are two AA batteries, a wrist strap, USB and video cable, CD-ROM with software and drivers as well as an Operator’s Manual.
Technical Data MINOX DC 5011:
• Image Sensor: 5.0 megapixels CCD Sensor
• Resolution: 2.560 x 1.920 pixels / 2.048 x 1.536 pixels / 1.280 x 960 pixels / 640 x 480 pixels
• Colour: 8-bit RGB
• Lens: Autofocus MINOCTAR lens
• Aperture: f/2,8 – f/4,8 mm / f = 5,4 - 16,2 mm (corresponds to 32-96 mm with 35 mm format)
• Shutter speed: 1/1000 sec
• Zoom: 3x optical
? 4x digital
• White Balance: Auto, Manual (daylight, cloudy, sunset, fluorescent, incandescent light)
• Display: 2,5“ TFT-colour display
• Flash: integrated
• Flash program: auto, fill-in, red-eye-reduction, night, off
• ISO-Sensivity: auto, ISO 50/100/200m
• Selftimer: 10 sec., 2 sec./ 10+2 sec.
• Memory: 16 MB internal memory, SD card up to 512 MB
• Language support: German, Englisch, French, Italian, Spanish, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified)
• Software: Photo Explorer 8.0, Photo Express 5.0
• System requirements: Windows 98/98SE/2000/ME/XP; Mac OS 9.0 or later
• Connectors: USB, power supply unit, video (NTSC or PAL)
• Power supply: 2x batteries type AA Alkaline, power supply adapter
• Dimensions: 91 x 61 x 27 mm
• Weight: 140 g
• Accessories included: 2x AA batteries, wrist cord, USB-cable, video cable, CD-ROM, Manual