Phase One P45, P30 and P21 Digital Camera Backs Announced
Phase One Press Release
New “world records” in professional digital imaging.
Phase One A/S, Copenhagen, July 18th, 2005: Phase One, the world leader in digital imaging solutions, has yet again lifted the standards in professional digital photography.
Important benefits for Pros
The new opportunities for professional shooters are huge, now they can:
- Much better evaluate and protect the value of their digital camera investment. This is ensured with the new ability to upgrade existing digital solutions, and by having full insight into the product roadmap from top suppliers of digital solutions. This is especially important since the digital development is much faster than for camera bodies and lenses.
- Deliver higher image quality than ever before in advertising, fashion and portrait
- Dramatically increase the productivity of their workflow, this includes better teamwork with art directors, models and clients.
- Completely rely on the digital storage media for the data integrity, as they now guarantee that any captured image data can be retrieved.
Phase One announces 6 new “firsts”!
Innovation and high performance are key drivers in Phase One. The objective is to increase passion & profit for the world of professional photography. The 6 new firsts are:
· To allow professional photographers even better investment protection than before, Phase One has decided to offer complete openness into the Phase One 18 months’ product roadmap. Today no other digital camera supplier offers this level of investment protection to their customers! Phase One recommends others to follow.
· The ultimate P 45 digital back with 39 MP sensor and 117 MB file sizes pr shot – for the world’s most demanding commercial photographers. The result is sharper and more detailed images than ever before, no matter if the images are going for a billboard on Times Square in New York or in a high-end fashion magazine.
· Virtually Moiré free shooting with the new P 30 digital back – aimed at the world’s leading fashion photographers. The new 6,8 micron pixel in the 31 MP sensor will together with Phase One’s latest version of the Capture One software deliver sharp, noise-free images with natural colors and “no Moiré”.
· 60 frames per minute of highest image quality captures is a new first, set by the new innovative Phase One P 21 digital back. 54 MB processed image files will allow professionals to raise the quality level of all-round fashion, portrait and commercial advertising shots.
· The first ever high performance true wireless image transfer of previews and RAW images will become the standard for Phase One shooters. This functionality will be offered to all existing and new owners of Phase One fully portable digital P-backs.
· 3S technology – Secure Storage System. This revolutionary new feature has recently been introduced in the latest Phase One P-series firmware. The 3S technology improves the storage security level by checking the validity on every CF-card inserted in the P-back. This way, the risk of accidentally writing to a damaged storage media is eliminated. In step 2 you can also preserve the image buffer contents, and the remaining images will be stored when the card is reinserted.
The new Phase One P 45 and P 30 start shipping in November and December, 2005 respectively. The P 21 starts shipping in February, 2006.
For more details, please call either of the contact persons or visit the Phase One website at www.phaseone.com.
Note: Phase One is a registered trademark of Phase One A/S. All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.