A new version of the Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC Lens is compatible with the Nikon D40 and D40x DSLR cameras. Now featuring a built-in motor, the new Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC lens can auto-focus with all Nikon APS-C DSLR cameras and replaces the previous version for 2008. Price in the UK is £329.99.
Sigma Press Release
11.1x high zoom ratio lens with a built-in AF motor allowing autofocus with all Nikon APS-C DSLR cameras.
18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC for Nikon
2007.12.19 - The Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of the new 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC for Nikon. This high zoom ration lens, designed exclusively for digital SLR cameras, covers wide angle to telephoto. The built-in motor is capable of autofocusing with all Nikon DSLR cameras. Two SLD (Special Low Dispersion) lenses and two Aspherical glass elements provide excellent correction for all types of aberration. Sigma’s super multi-layer coating reduces flare and ghosting and provides high image quality throughout the zoom range. The compact and lightweight construction of 70mm (2.8”) in diameter, 75.6mm (3.0”) in length and 395g / 13.9oz makes it ideal for field work. This lens has a minimum focusing distance of 45cm (17.7”) and a maximum magnification of 1:4.4. An inner focusing system also eliminates front lens rotation, making the lens particularly suitable for using the petal lens hood and circular polarizing filters. A zoom lock switch mechanism is provided to prevent the lens from creeping due to its own weight.
* Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with 35mm SLR cameras, APS format film cameras or digital cameras with image sensors larger than APS-C size, including 5:4 and FX format of Nikon D3 camera.
* The built-in motor is capable of autofocusing with all Nikon DSLR cameras.
* Compact and lightweight construction of 70mm (2.8”) in diameter, 75.6mm (3.0”) in length and weighing just 395g(13.9oz).
* SLD lens and Aspherical glass elements provides high image quality through entire zoom range.
* Sigma’s super multi-layer coating reduces flare and ghosting.
* Lens construction : 15 Elements 13 Groups
* Angle of view : 76.5°- 8.1°
* Number of blades : 7pcs
* Minimum Aperture (W) : F22
* Minimum Focusing Distance : 45cm / 17.7in.
* Maximum Magnification : 1:4.4
* Filter Size : Ø62mm
* Dimensions(Diameter x Length) : Ø70mm X 75.6mm / 2.8in. X 3.0in.
* Weight : 395g / 13.9oz
SIGMA DG UV 62mm 00-85126-92372-3
SIGMA DG WIDE CIRCULAR PL 62mm 00-85126-92383-9
LENS HOOD LH680-01(Supplied) 00-85126-91730-2