Sony FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
The Sony FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS is Sony's furthest reaching E-mount zoom lens and offers excellent image quality, high-performance AF, and outstanding control.
The Sony FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS will ship in August 2019 priced at approximately £1,800 / $2,000 / €2,100.
Sony UK Press Release
Sony Announces New FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS Super-Telephoto Zoom Lens
Sony today announced another new lens for its expanding full-frame FE lens line-up; the new FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS super-telephoto zoom lens (model SEL200600G).
Sony’s furthest reaching E-mount zoom, the new G Lens™ series model utilises many of the company’s most advanced lens designing technologies to ensure excellent image quality, high-performance AF, and outstanding control. When paired with any of the latest, fastest E-mount camera bodies, it will reliably track and accurately capture all types of moving subjects including birds, wildlife, athletes in motion and much more.
“We will continue to innovate and expand upon our E-mount lens line-up, which now features 33 full-frame models and 51 lenses in total. The new 200-600mm super-telephoto zoom lens gives Sony’s camera users yet another powerful tool to realise their vision,” said Yann Salmon-Legagneur, Director of Product Marketing for Digital Imaging, Sony Europe. “For wildlife or bird photographers, sports photography enthusiasts and many others, it offers a new level of creative freedom, striking the ultimate balance between performance and portability.”
Key Features – New FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS super-telephoto zoom lens
Extended reach with built-in stabilisation
- Versatile tele-zoom range from 200mm telephoto to 600mm super-telephoto
- Compatible with Sony’s 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters, extending the reach to a maximum of 840mm at F9 or 1200mm at F13 with outstanding image quality and AF performance
- Built-in optical stabilisation with three different mode settings allows images to be sharp and in-focus at extended super-telephoto focal lengths
High resolution and corner-to-corner sharpness throughout the entire zoom range
- Five ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements and an aspherical element, arranged in a new optical design that minimises chromatic aberration
- 11-blade circular aperture mechanism that ensures beautiful bokeh
- Coated with Sony’s original Nano AR coating to suppress any unwanted reflections, glare, or ghosting in images
Fast, precise and quiet autofocus
-Equipped with Sony’s DDSSM (Direct Drive SSM) focusing system, which has the power and precision needed to drive the lens mechanism for remarkably fast, accurate focusing
- Advanced focus system allows exceptionally quiet operation, avoiding any unwanted noise that can disrupt an unpredictable subject like a resting bird or any other form of wildlife
Internal zoom mechanism for reliable and stable handheld shooting
- Overall length of the lens does not change while zooming, maintaining consistent balance and distance between the front of the lens and desired shooting subject
- A fixed-length structure – internal zoom mechanism - is adopted to retain high resistance to dust and moisture to deal with difficult outdoor conditions
- Quick zoom operation with light zoom ring torque
Refined control and reliability for use in the field
- Focus ring that features Linear Response MF for fine, responsive manual focus control
- Equipped with three customisable focus-hold buttons plus a Focus Range Limiter
- Dust and moisture resistant designii and fluorine coating on the front element to resist dirt and fingerprints
Pricing and Availability
The FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS will ship in Europe in August 2019 priced at approximately £1,800 and €2,100