Sigma fp Version 2.0 Firmware Update Adds 4K 12bit RAW, Blackmagic RAW and Lots More...
The Sigma fp has just recieved a major firmware update, version 2.0, that adds a number of major new features, improvements and bug fixes. The fp camera now supports CinemaDNG footage playback, HDR in movie shooting, DCI 4K 12bit / HDMI Raw output, RAW over HDMI recording with Atomos Ninja V,and Blackmagic RAW codec over HDMI. Improvements include enhanced AF performance, Dual Base ISO support, and better image quality.
The Sigma fp Ver2.0 firmware update is available to download now.
Sigma Press Release
Announcement of a major update for the SIGMA fp: Release of firmware Ver2.0
We are pleased to announce that SIGMA Corporation has released firmware Ver2.0 for the SIGMA fp, the world’s smallest and lightest full-frame mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera.
Since its launch in October 2019, the fp has been well-received by both photographers and filmmakers. After listening to suggestions from users of the fp, SIGMA is today launching a major firmware update that adds a wide range of new features, enhances the camera’s functionality and ease of operation, and fixes some bugs. A full list of improvements is below.
The update includes functions that had been planned but were not available at the fp’s launch, and come in addition to the benefits announced in March 2020 (firmware update schedule for the SIGMA fp).
SIGMA is committed to continuing its development efforts to improve the functionality of the SIGMA fp and ensure a superior shooting experience for its users.
To download SIGMA fp firmware:
To learn more about SIGMA fp:
To learn more about SIGMA fp firmware Ver2.0 and the updated CINE features:
SIGMA fp firmware Ver2.0 Introduction*｜https://www.youtube.com/user/s...
*available at 6/25 14:00 JST
Newly introduced functionality
- Supports cinemagraph creation and playback
- Supports CinemaDNG footage playback
- Supports still capture during live view and movie shooting in Cine mode
- Supports still image capture from movie files (CinemaDNG, MOV) shot with the SIGMA fp
- Supports HDR in movie shooting
- Supports still and movie shooting in Director's Viewfinder mode
- Supports DCI 4K 12bit / HDMI Raw output
- Supports RAW over HDMI recording with Atomos Ninja V monitor-recorder*
* A free AtomOS firmware update for Ninja V is required.
- Supports recording Blackmagic RAW codec over HDMI with Blackmagic Video Assist 12G models*
* Requires firmware update of Video Assist 12G models using Video Assist Update 3.3.
- Camera movement control is now compatible with ZHIYUN Weebill S gimbal.
* Firmware update of the corresponding device is required.
* Please refer to ZHIYUN firmware release information about functions supported. Since not all functions will be supported in this firmware update, both SIGMA and ZHIYUN will need to continue working on this to make more and more functions compatible in future firmware updates.
- Instruction message appears when attempting to use greyed-out items in SHOOT menu
- Supports camera control in USB mode*
* The SDK (Software Development Kit) for controlling the camera is scheduled to be available by early July.
- Supports Dual Base ISO (ISO100 and ISO3200)
- Improves AF performance
- Improves accuracy with evaluative exposure metering
- Improves image quality
- Supports CinemaDNG 25 and 29.97 fps (UHD 12bit) shooting
- Supports CinemaDNG 100 fps (FHD 12bit) shooting
- Supports CinemaDNG 100 and 119.88 fps (FHD 8bit and 10bit) shooting
- ‘OFF’ option available in Color mode
- Exposure adjustment available in QS (Quick Set)
- Tone control setting ‘Auto (Mild / Strong)’ available during movie shooting
- Supports USB Video Class (UVC) settings adjustments while the fp is connected to USB
- Supports time code generation
- Compatible with BWF format
- Supports file size changes at aspect ratio 7:6
- Supports changes to shutter sound effect
- Corrects the phenomenon of flickering in dark areas when shooting video footage
- Corrects bugs in USB Video Class (UVC) setting when connected via USB or during movie shooting
- Improves recording stability with recording media
- Other minor bugs have been corrected
* To develop raw data (DNG files) from the SIGMA fp with firmware Ver2.0, the use of SIGMA Photo Pro 6.7.4 is required. Users must update to SIGMA Photo Pro 6.7.4 when applying the fp Ver2.0 firmware update.
SIGMA Photo Pro downloads
To see instructions on specific functions or view Menu Map, follow the link below.
- SIGMA fp manuals / Menu Map